Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Travel Journal Part 1: Discovery Gateway and Olympic Plaza

Welcome to our Summer Travel Journal. 
It will be long. 
But, it will be flooded with pictures. 

Let's get started, shall we?

After our 25 hour drive west, we arrived at Dr. C's parent's house.

As we were getting out of the van, Fearless and I had this conversation:
Fearless: Mommy, we have a really crummy car.
Me: (surprised) Really?  Why?
Fearless: (innocently) Because there are a lot of crumbs in it.
True dat.

To take a break from our crummy car, we took the train down to Salt Lake City to visit Discovery Gateway.
Miss B's first train ride!
For those of you who have not yet visited Discovery Gateway, you are missing out.  It's a pretty fun children's museum.  My kids had a blast.


 And, as an added bonus, I saw another cute little girl with Ds playing there too.  I love seeing other kids with Down syndrome...warms my heart every time.


We also had to make a stop at the splash pad in the Olympic Plaza.

 This is also where I realized just how much I have acclimated to The South.  It was a bright, sunny, 93 degree day with very little humidity.When I used to live in Utah, I would have complained about how miserably hot it was.  This time, it felt quite pleasant.


Fearless with his cousin...these two were like peas in a pod.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails