Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fun Run in Washington, D.C. for Research Down Syndrome

You all know that I love to run.  So when I heard about Research Down Syndrome (RDS) starting a new runners program, I was thrilled that I could combine two passions--helping people with Down syndrome and running my guts out.



I emailed the lovely Kate from Trial Run, who I knew would love the Down syndrome/running combination as much as I did, and she took it a step further and convinced RDS and the National Down Syndrome Congress(NDSC) to host a 1-mile fun run during the NDSC national convention in Washington D.C. in July.

How awesome is that?!?

RDS is trying to figure out the level of interest for the fun run, so PLEASE email them at rdsrunners@researchds.org and let them know you think it is an amazing idea and you would like to come join us and get in a little exercise the morning of July 21st in Washington D.C.  The full details are still being worked out, but the more of you that let them know you will be there, the better the run will be.

You don't even have to be a runner to join in the fun--just come walk and hang out and eat some muffins and wear the cool shirt.  The more the merrier!!

All proceeds go to help people with Down syndrome--it's a win-win all around!!

So go ahead, email rdsrunners@researchds.org and let them know you are in!

P.S. If you want to blog about this or share the info on facebook, twitter, message boards, etc; that would be fabulous--let's get the word out!!

2 comments:

Education: Exploring Online Learning said...

I emailed as you suggested. I'm local to DC, and I run, and I have a baby with DS... I'm in.

(My info is at www.mystubbornmiss.com)

Alex's Mom said...

Wow - what a great idea! I may be able to run too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails