Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

When I make New Year's Resolutions, I really make New Year's Resolutions.

I hate when I fail to fulfill them.  Makes me feel like a quitter.  And who wants to feel like a quitter??

Knowing this about myself, I am extremely careful about the resolutions I make.  They have to make me grow and stretch and become a better person; but they also have to be realistic and attainable.  It takes me a few weeks post-holidays to really figure out what I want to work on each year.

This year, because we are starting over in a new place and I know that I won't feel settled in and "home" for at least 6 months, I making my 2012 resolutions simple.

Here they are:
1. Go on a date with my fantastic husband, Dr. C, at least once a month
2. Only use the computer when my children are asleep or at school
3. Have personal scripture study everyday
4. Invite someone to my house for dinner at least once a month
5. Exercise 5+ days a week (was doing great at this until my awful half-marathon, time to get back on track)

These may not stretch me as much as some of my past New Year's Resolutions have--and some of these things I used to be fabulous at, but have slowly slipped and now it's time to fix it.

Here's hoping that at the end of 2012, I won't have been a quitter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails