Sunday, June 26, 2011

Matters of the Heart

Two years ago today, I kissed the top of Miss B's head, and handed her to a smiling nurse, and sent her off to open heart surgery. 

In that moment, I couldn't envision our future.  There were so many unknowns, so many fears and worries that when I tried to picture what would happen next, I just came up blank.  The rest of my life hung on the outcome of that surgery.

Look!  Hair long enough for a braid!


Dr. HeartSurgeon did a fabulous job.  He fixed Miss B's heart.  He gave her an opportunity at life.  And now, two years later, our life is vibrant and full and Miss B is quite the little character.  Thanks to him, I can envision our future.

 


That surgery was like hitting the Reset button.  Before her heart repair, we had fear and worry.  After surgery?  All that stressful-fogginess was washed away and we were filled with hope.


 With Miss Banana's new, healthy heart, she moved past surviving, and began to thrive

And that is the way life is supposed to be lived.




 Thank you, Dr. HeartSurgeon, for giving Miss B the opportunity to live life to the fullest.  I will never be able to fully express how how grateful I am that you saved my daughter's life.

And to Miss Banana:

Happy HeartDay, my little love!  Thank you for fighting hard to stay alive and enrich our lives.
May God continue to bless your little heart!

12 comments:

krlr said...

Love those photos - and footie PJs. Happy Heart day!

Kurt and Kristy said...

She is SO cute! I love the little braid!

Becca said...

She is so beautiful, and *definitely* thriving!!! Happy Heart Day!

Team S said...

What a wonderful post :) Happy Heart Day!

Team S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

so so so CUTE!! Ms B is to stink'n sweet!! Happy Heart day! great pix!! smiles

thingsthatkeepmesane.com said...

I remember that day like it was yesterday. Man, what a scary day (and months leading up). I love these pictures, she is so lively like the boys, it's awesome.

E. Lee said...

I don't know how it's possible, but she gets cuter every day. ;)

My name is Sarah said...

Happy Heart Day!!! You are so cute Miss B.

Kelley said...

Oh so cute!

Kacey Bode said...

Aw! She is so cute!!! Happy heart day!

Annie said...

She's so adorable! Our OHS was 3 weeks ago & I feel the same way about our heart surgeon - he was a miracle worker that day - no more fear - just joy & excitement to have her in our life :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails