Thursday, June 23, 2011

Graduation: Cue "End of an Era" Tears.

Ok, I'll admit it.


Since having kids, I've turned into a sentimental gusher.

(Whew, there. I said it.  Admittance is the first step on the road to recovery, right?)

Don't you love the flip-flops?? 
Wearing sandals just about all the time to just about every event is one of my favorite perks of living in The South!

It's predictable and cliche, but when my middle child, who is about to turn 5, got all dressed up in his cap and gown for preschool graduation, I busted out with the teary, "When did he get so big?" and "It goes by so fast!" statements that the pre-children version of myself would have found ridiculous.


Whoever came up with the graduation-clothing get up designed it with a some sort of psychological guarantee that mothers would cry when their children are wearing it.

 
And what end-of-an-era ceremony is complete without some Pomp & Circumstance?  I have a love/hate relationship with that inescapable graduation music that flashes me back to my own various graduations and at the same time, flashes me prematurely forward to my childrens' high school and college graduations.  It forces me to review the past and to see the future that I'm not ready for yet. 

Can't I just keep them little?!?

 (P.S. If I'm ever in charge of a graduation planning...they're all marching in to Darth Vader's music. And then, to help speed things up, Flight of the Bumblebee. Just sayin'.)

Despite my sentimentality, Fearless was quite the proud preschool graduate. 

His little sponge-brain has soaked in all it can from Miss Daisy's class, and he is ready for Kindergarten.

Congrats, my little love!

{cue tears}

Fearless with Miss Daisy

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

He's so adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails