Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Slow Start and The Bathtub Pool

It's that time of year.  The time when we are drinking the last few glasses of eggnog that somehow survived past the holidays.  The time when the Christmas decorations have lost their luster and need to be put away so you feel like your house is organized again.  The time when you reflect on the past year and look forward to the next one. The time to get back on schedule. The time to start over. The time to try new things. The time to set new goals.  A new beginning!

I seem to be experiencing a slow start to this year...I haven't even set my New Year's Resolutions yet.  I take choosing my goals for the year seriously because for me, when I make a resolution I want it to be:
  1. Challenging
  2. Obtainable
  3. Measurable
  4. Something that I can incorporate into the rest of my life (not just this year)
Which sometimes makes goals hard to set.  I need to come up with things that will stretch me and help me become better...without feeling like they are so out of reach that I give up by February.  The ideas are churning, but I haven't quite figured out what I REALLY want to focus on this year...so no resolutions for now.  Soon, they will come.

In the meantime, Dr. C is back to work, T-Man is back in school, and Miss B has returned to all of her various appointments.  Only Fearless (who doesn't head back to school until next week) and I seem to be in a lull between the holidays being over and the new year really feeling like it's begun. 

So we entertain ourselves with random activities.

Like swimming in the bathtub.
 Please note that the safety goggles from his toy tool set are being used as swimming goggles due to the fact that his swimming goggles that he just got for Christmas were nowhere to be found.
 Please also note that the bathtub crayon is being used as snorkeling gear...which didn't work out so well.
When Miss B woke up from her nap, she joined the fun.  Fearless wanted me to put her swimsuit on too, but she wouldn't wait and was trying to hop in with her clothes on.  I thought I did well just getting her in her birthday-suit.  The swimsuit was not going to happen.
"Here, lil' sis, smell my feet."

At least they were clean.

(In his defense, he wasn't REALLY trying to have her smell his feet.  He was trying to swim and she was going to bite his toes.  The picture doesn't look like that though!)


 They stayed until their feet were wrinkly and the water was, at best, frigid and the floor in the bathroom was holding more water than the bathtub itself.

I wonder what Fearless will come up with next?

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember those days of tiny wrinkly fingers and toes! It goes way too fast....

Runningmama said...

Love these pics! I am convinced that Ethan and Emily would stay in the bathtub the entire day if I let them! Em can't take a real bath right now because of her central line so everytime Ethan is in the bathtub she pulls herself up the edge and tries to hoist herself in with all her might...but she's a shorty and can't get her leg high enough so we are safe for now! We gets to see pruney feet all the time on Ethan!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh I haven't stopped by in a while, so sorry.... she is beautiful and getting sooooo big! ahhhh. Love the tubby pics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails