Anywho, before I grovel at the feet of the computer gurus and ask them to fix my
Last week, Miss B turned one!!
I can't believe it has already been one year...I know that is cliche...but a year ago I didn't know if she would make it one day, one month, one year. This is a major milestone!! When I look back at the person I was before we got Miss B's diagnosis, I am ashamed about how small-minded I was. And not that I am perfect now, but I know that she has opened my eyes to how miraculous life is and how much joy there is in everyday life. And that all the little wonders in life should not be taken for granted.
I didn't know how much I needed her!
Miss B brings joy with her wherever she goes--I know I've said it before, but she just radiates light--and you just can't help but feel happy around her. There really is something magical about that extra chromosome...I don't know how to explain it. It just is.
Oh, how I love my Miss Banana!!!
Here are some of the things Miss B is doing at one year:
- Sitting independently
- Can go from tummy to sit, and back down to tummy independently
- Gets on hands and knees and rocks back and forth (she is SO SO close to crawling!)
- Can roll, army crawl, etc to get herself to pretty much anywhere she wants to go
- Can feed herself
- Eats soft table food
- Can drink fabulously from her Honey Bear
- Uses a perfect pincer grasp--aka pick things up between her thumb and forefinger
- Says "mamama" in my direction and "dadada" in Dr. C's direction and "byebyebyebye" while waving when it's time to go
- Can sign "baby"
- Is solidly in size 6-9 month clothes (although I put a newborn t-shirt/shorts outfit on her the other day, and it fit! Apparently we still have some growing to do!)
- Still wears size 01 shoes
- Likes to play with toys and loves books
- Loves music and will dance whenever she hears it
- Has one tooth--with 3 more trying to come in
- Has everyone wrapped around her little finger
Happy Birthday Miss B!