Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ack!

My camera's flash has decided that it doesn't want to work indoors anymore.  This is why I never posted our Halloween pictures...they look a little funky b/c I had to switch to a nightshot and then use that flash setting for the camera to take a picture AT ALL so the kiddos look like they are bathed in this dim yellow light.  Anyway, I haven't been taking pictures much lately but now Miss B's first Thanksgiving is coming up and my camera doesn't work!

I've read that to fix mine, it will cost a little over $100 and I'll have to send it away.  If I was going to buy a new camera I really want a dSLR one, so should I just use the $100 toward a dSLR (that I hadn't really been planning on buying right now) or should I just send it away and use a disposable for Thanksgiving?  What would you do?

I can't skip Miss Banana's first Thanksgiving!  Time is running out!  AAAH!

6 comments:

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Tough call. Consider this, will you buy a new one before Christmas? If yes then just use the disposable for now. If no, call the company and see how long it will take to get the part for the one you have now. I am sure you want a camera for Christmas either way. Is there someone a relative or friend that will be around who can take pics for you?

Tarver Family said...

Umm get on craigslist and buy one for now.. you can get a simple one for cheap that way (and sometimes ones that will be better than you had for the $100). Agreed with Sasha.. what will you do for christmas?

katielovie said...

I would just buy a new one..you'll need one eventually anyway right?

Nicole said...

Go low-tech right now and use a disposable for now. Save the $100 and ask for a camera (or help buying a camera) for Christmas. How much longer do you think yours would last if you got it fixed? Or carry around a spot light so you don't need a flash.

Lindsey said...

I found your blog again :) I have an SLR and I love it. I took some photography classes and it's been a fun hobby for me. Even with the classes, it took me a while to figure out how to get good pictures with it and use all the features. If you're into photography, I say get an SLR rather than another point and shoot. Now that I've mastered my SLR I can't stand pictures taken with my point and shoot. You can find them used for a good deal.

Angela O said...

SLR all the way! I know it's a HUGE investment (I think it was our Christmas/birthday/anniversary gifts all rolled into one) but now that we've bought one, I hardly ever use our other digital. I love the shots I get, even if I don't entirely know how to use it yet. I personally think it is worth it, especially with a baby. They change so fast! Get good pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails