- Miss Banana now weighs 9lbs 10oz. which isn't nearly as much as the pediatrician wants her to be, but she is at least a full pound heavier, which is great in my book! What's really crazy to me is that at five weeks, she is just barely bigger than T-Man and Fearless were when they were born--how they fit in me at that size is still mind-boggling to me.
- T-Man and Fearless are officially the best big brothers in the world. They are helpful, careful (for the most part), and think that anything she does is the greatest thing ever. I think T-Man ooh and aahs over Miss Banana even more than I do!
- We went to the cardiologist on Tuesday and Miss Banana still has a lot of pressure on her lungs from her heart. Dr. Heart had hoped the pressure would have gone down some by now, but since it has not, we will definitely be having her open heart surgery in June. And, because the pressure is still high, we have been told that because the pressure has remained high to be prepared for her recovery to be "longer". (What the heck does that mean?? I hate these vague terms...I know that doctors can't help them sometimes, but seriously, I need a number of days here folks, I can't handle just the word "longer"!!!) She will also be on oxygen until her surgery. Miss Banana hates her oxygen tube or "cannula" as it's officially called--she pulls it off constantly. She is fairly coordinated for a five week old!
- I have decided that Medela--the company that makes breast pumps--has got to get a new person to name their products. I mean, "Symphony" really? Sure at first glance it sounds nice, peaceful, relaxing, harmonious--but really at 3 o'clock in the morning I think it would more appropriately be named "Necessary But Evil Machine"--but perhaps that wouldn't sell as well?? I would guess they didn't ask an actually pumping mom what to call it when they named it. If they had, it would have been called something else.
- Dr. Corn finished the third chapter in his dissertation and is on to chapter four--the last chapter with data analysis. Hooray!! Hopefully he can get it finished before Miss Banana's surgery.
That's all for tonight, I'm too exhausted for more. Here are a few new pics though:
Her hair totally has a mind of it's own! I even tried some mousse in it, but it still just stands straight up!
She sleeps great--it's just such a bummer that I still have to wake her up ever 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I think she would sleep all night if I would let her--and oh how I wish I could!!
I thought this was just a cute after-bath time picture--and rare moment without that darn cannula! I will be so glad when she doesn't need piped in oxygen anymore!