Wednesday, October 1, 2008

General Conference

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I really really look forward to the first weekend in October and the first weekend in April. During those special weekends, I get to listen to the Prophet and the apostles for two days at General Conference. After conference weekend, I am always uplifted and my faith is strengthened. General Conference has never failed to answer my questions about the Gospel, give me new direction for what I need to do in my life, and it just simply make me happier. I attended the General Relief Society broadcast last Saturday and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I am so thankful that the Church is run by inspired leaders who seek direction from God to guide the people on the earth. What a blessing it is to have prophets and apostles today to lead and guide us. Only a few more days until General Conference!

P.S. My friend sent me this link for fun things for kids to do during General Conference--we used a packet like this last April and T-Man and Fearless LOVED it.
General Conference Packet

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the link for the activity packet, I know it will come in handy for my kids.

We're in Creve Coeur, about 20-25 min from St. Charles. We live about 10 min from the temple. Now when you come to visit family, if you all want to do a session at the temple together you have someone who's happy to watch your kids!

When Claire was just starting to read we did a lot of the easy reader books from the library. Started with level 1 and a lot of Dr. Seuss's basic books. It's a lot of repitition of sight words, but perfect for beginning readers. Then we moved on to level 2, then 3.

After or around level three I think Claire was ready for beginning chapter books. They're great b/c they also have illustrations--which Claire must have so it's not a "boring" mom book. (:

I'm going to add you to my blog list as well. It'll be fun to watch your kids grow and change and hear how you're doing as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails