- My wonderful Dr. C, who encourages me to be the loud, spontaneous, opinionated, independent person that I am and who goes along with all of my wild schemes...even though it means he has to come in and rescue me at the last minute when I get in over my head and I have five hypothetical pots going on the four-burner stove and there is still 10 hours of work left to be done in the last 5 minutes. And he still loves me afterward. I'm pretty sure he has secured his sainthood several times over.
- My three children who delight me daily. They keep me young, they remind me of what is important in life, they forgive and forget easily, and their love knows no bounds.
- Modern medicine and amazing doctors that have worked miracles on my second and third child many times over. (T-Man hardly ever gets sick or hurt--thankful for that too!) I am also grateful that Dr. C and I have good health.
- The beautiful weather in The South (except for the summer). I don't miss the cold and the wind and the snow and the ice of the Midwest. Not. One. Little. Bit.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ--which gives me direction, hope, peace and comfort.
- Good books. There is something magical about opening up a good book and being transported away into another time and place and forgetting your own world for awhile. A good book is one of my favorite respites.
- My family. My parents and sisters and brothers have given me friendship and support and memories that make my life rich.
- My friends that have become family. I am so grateful for all the people that have accepted my little family as part of theirs and their family has become part of mine.
- Dr. C's job. There are things that I don't like about The Village, but I am grateful that he has a good job that he likes doing.
- Icy-cold lemonade in the summer and big glasses of eggnog in the winter.
- Running and exercise. I think clearer and feel better when I get out of bed for it.
- Nature. We've lived and visited some pretty diverse places--the prairie, the desert, the mountains, the rolling hills, the pine forests, the beach...it doesn't matter which one I choose, when I sit in nature and just let the natural rhythms and sounds of the earth sink in, I can find peace and balance in my soul and all is right in the world again.
1 day ago