Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Young Women's Camp

Last week I headed to camp with the Young Women from the Lincoln Stake. It was so much fun!! I think I had one of the cushiest jobs at camp--crafts. Sister Reinsch also worked crafts with me and she was fabulous! We worked well together, which always makes things nice. Other than hanging out in the craft cabin in the afternoon, I was pretty much off duty the rest of the week. It was a nice break! I got to know other women from the stake who are such a great bunch of ladies. It was truly a privilege to work with them and get to see them in the wild. :)

We got rained on every night--the first years were flooded out the first night, but the rest of us pretty much stayed dry. On Wed. night, there was a storm that had already produced tornadoes heading straight for us, but then split right at our county line. We were very blessed and I loved how the girls talked the rest of the week about the power of prayer and how they recognized that we had been protected. I can't imagine what would have happened if the storm had not split; we had good tents, but I think we all know who would win in Tent vs. Tornado.

A big thanks goes out to Dr. Corn's parents who came to take care of my little family while I was gone and Dr. Corn was working. I am so thankful for their willingness to help and for all they did while I was gone. Thank you, thank you!
P.S. Sorry no pictures on this one either--I took my camera with me, but I didn't take a single picture all week. I don't think you really need any pictures from camp though--anyone that has ever gone to Young Women's camp knows what it looks (and smells) like!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails